We had another successful event in April. The women completed placemats, table runners, and a tote bag. Great job!
Not only did we complete some beautiful projects; we also shared a great lunch, thanks to Jackie O’Brien’s specialty: “Ping Pong Pie.” Who knew quiche could have such a twist? We have her recipe below. Try it at home, and let us know what you think; we’re sure you’ll love it.
Jackie’s Ping Pong Pie
Preparation time: 20 minutes Quantity: 4 to 6 Baking Time: 50 minutes, 350 degrees oven
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell 3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 2 tablespoons flour
2 medium tomatoes, peeled and 1 cup sour cream
cut into thin wedges 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup butter or margarine 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 small green pepper, diced dash of pepper
1 small onion, thinly sliced paprika
1 8 ounce can water chestnuts,
drained and sliced
- In pie shell, sprinkle cheddar cheese and nicely arrange tomato wedges.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add green pepper, onion, and water chestnuts. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Combine eggs, flour, sour cream, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Stir sauteed vegetables into this mixture. Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle paprika on top. Bake at 350 degrees for fifty minutes or until done.
- Let stand out of over for a few minutes before serving.
We want to hear from you!
We would love to know how your project turns out. Send us a picture, and we’ll feature it here and on our face book page!